Derry City and Strabane District Council are committed to ensuring that civic events are as accessible and inclusive as possible. For this year’s Hallowe’en Festival we will have the following facilities available.
- Quiet Space
- Relaxed Performances
- Disability Parking & Accessible Viewing Area (Spaces allocated on a first come first served basis) *Alternative Parking available in City Centre Car Parks
- Accessible Toilet Provision
For more information contact:
Louise Boyce 02871 253 253
Access and Inclusion 27th October – 3rd November
- Accessible Drop Off /Pick Up Zone – 28th – 31st October Whittaker Street, Derry-Londonderry, BT48 6AT
- Quiet Space Provision – 27th October – 3rd November Guildhall, Guildhall Street, Derry-Londonderry, BT48 6DQ Tel: 028 7137 6510 Available for those who require a quieter space for a short period throughout the Halloween festival.
- Safety Bands & JAM cards (Just A Minute) – 27th October – 3rd November Available at Information Point, 1-3 Waterloo Place, Derry-Londonderry, BT48 6BT Safety Wrist Bands allows parents/guardians/carers to put contact number on wrist band should Child/ Vulnerable person be lost or found. JAM (Just a Minute) Cards are available at Information Point for individuals who require extra time to complete task and/or communicate effectively.
- Accessible Toilets – Guildhall, Guildhall Street, Derry-Londonderry, BT48 6DQ Tower Museum, Union Hall Place, Derry-Londonderry BT48 6LU Information Point, 1-3 Waterloo Place, Derry-Londonderry, BT48 6BT Foyle Street Car park, Foyle Street, Derry-Londonderry, BT48 6AT
- Changing Places – Foyle Arena, 2 Limavady Rd, Derry-Londonderry, BT47 6JY
Access and Inclusion – Awakening The Walls 28th October – 30th October 6.00pm – 8.30pm
- Disabled Parking – 28th – 30th October 5.00pm – 9.00pm Society Street Car Park, Society Street, Derry-Londonderry, BT48 6PJ Fully allocated to Blue Badge Holders. It is advised due to road closures that you get parked before 5.30pm.
- Accessible Toilets – 28th – 30th October 5.00pm – 9.00pm Society Street Car Park, Society Street, Derry-Londonderry, BT48 6PJ
- Mobiloo – Mobile Changing Places 28th – 30th October 5.00pm – 9.00pm Society Street Car Park, Society Street, Derry-Londonderry, BT48 6PJ
Halloween Carnival Parade and Fireworks 31st October 7.00pm – 8.30pm
- Disabled Parking – 31st October 5.00pm – 9.00pm Strand Road Car Park, Strand Road, Derry-Londonderry, BT48 7AL Fully allocated to blue badge holders. It is advised at this stage, due to road closures that you are parked before 6.00pm
- Accessible Toilets – 31st October 5.00pm – 9.00pm Fletcher Avenue, Council Car park, Accessibility Zones Strand Road Car Park & Queen’s Quay, Police Court Street
- Mobiloo – Mobile Changing Places 31st October 5.00pm – 9.00pm Strand Road Car Park, Strand Road, Derry-Londonderry, BT48 7AL
- Accessible Viewing Platform and Viewing Area – 31st October 6.00pm – 8.30pm Strand Road Car Park, Strand Road, Derry-Londonderry, BT48 7AL Queens Quay (Opposite City Hotel) Limited seating available
- Relaxed Fireworks Viewing – 31st October 7.30pm – 9.00pm ROCO, 114 Strand Road, Derry ~Londonderry, BT48 7NR. Available to those who require a quieter space to view the Fireworks Display.
- Quiet Space Provision – 31st October 6.30pm – 8.30pm North West Regional College, Strand Road Foyer, Strand Rd, Derry~Londonderry BT48 7AL Available for those who require a quieter space for a short period throughout the Halloween Carnival Parade and Fireworks.
Guildhall, Main Hall – 29th October – 2nd November 10.00am – 12.00noon Museum of the Moon (Relaxed Session) Experience Luke Jerrams ‘Museum of the Moon’ a touring work featuring detailed NASA imagery of the Moon’s surface with atmospheric soundtrack created by BAFTA and Ivor Novello award winning composer, Dan Jones Suitable for All Ages Free
Guildhall, Main Hall – 29th October 10.00am – 10.30pm Makey Upper! Under the Moon(Relaxed Session) CSI (Curious Story Investigators) Rita Book and Goodie Reed have stumbled upon a very spoooky mystery bag and need help in their investigation to discover the creepy tales that live within it! Suitable for All Ages Free
Guildhall, Whittaker Suite – 29th October 10.00am – 10.30pm Winifred the Witch! (Relaxed Session) Where would one wearily wander when one wants witchy wonder? Why, Winifreds wicked wardrobe (w-obviously!)Join wacky Winifred as she tells tales of flyaway broomsticks, poisonous potions and crooked cats! Storytelling Suitable for All Ages £1.50 + Booking Fee www.derryhalloween.com/tickets
Guildhall, Green Room – 29th October 10.00am – 12noon Halloween Arts & Crafts (Relaxed Session) Free
Monster Fun Fair, Ebrington Square – Tuesday 30th October 11.00am – 1.00pm Monster Fun Fair (Relaxed Session) Lots of thrills and family attractions Suitable for all Ages
St. Columb’s Park House – Wed 31st October 8.00pm – 10.00pm Spooks McGooks Accessible Cycle Join the team of spooks on a cycle ride with a difference through the citys festivities on Halloween Night. The Spooks do the cycling for you and accommodate people in wheelchairs and those with accessibility needs of all descriptions Free £10 Booking through www.farandwild.org
For further information, please contact Derry City and Strabane District Councils Access and Inclusion Officer: Louise Boyce Email: email@example.com Tel: 028 71253 253 extn: 4349 Mobile: 077 13707912 Web: www.derrystrabane.com/inclusionThis information is available upon request in a number of formats including large print, Braille, PDF, audio formats (CD, MPS, and DAISY) and other minority languages. For further information on alternative formats please contact: Tel: 02871 253 253 Text Phone: 02871 376 646 Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgFor further information on Derry Halloween Event www.derryhalloween.com Email: Events@derrystrabane.com Tel: 028 71253 253